3.27.2014

Get your Kids to Drink their Veggies

Fruit, milk, yogurt (preferably Greek), bread and the occasional piece of plain dark chocolate constitute all the food my daughter thinks she needs to eat very happily. Yes, yes, I know this diet is quite similar to her mother’s...  We can get enough protein in Lilah with the Greek yogurt and by adding in scrambled eggs. However, when it comes to veggies, we’ve been at a loss.  We have mashed them, mixed them, dipped them in dressing, covered them in cheese, baked them, served them cold, and modeled how "wonderful" they are. We don’t make special food for Lilah and she has to try everything on her plate. But with her vegetables, she’ll eat her one mandatory bite and that’s it. 

Fear not, I’m relentless.



Today when she and I were making smoothies (a combination of most of her favorite ingredients), I suggested that we add a bag of spinach. 

"Okay" she said.  

I thought,  We'll give it a try but I’m probably going to be drinking two smoothies myself now

I talked to Lilah about why spinach was important and let her add all the ingredients herself, including the green leafy ones. 

We blended our smoothies, plopped in “party straws” clinked our glasses, and…

She loved them. Success! Hooray for beta-carotene and antioxidants.

                                                                 Cheers! KFW


P.S. What are other tricks you have used to get your little ones to eat their veggies? 





Thank you for stopping by. Since you are here, please take half a second to click here and vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs. You can vote every time you stop by. All you have to do is click the juggling momma on the right side bar. Thanks, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...