I told my family I was going to make them the best mashed potatoes ever, because sometimes hyperbole is fun, particularly so in the kitchen. That said, these just might be... Seriously, make a batch for dinner tonight. You'll be so glad you did.
4 lbs of small red potatoes (quartered, with peels left on)
2/3 cup light sour cream
4 teaspoons butter
1 bundle chives (mine were local and organic, win, win)
1 garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup milk
1. Quarter your potatoes. Leave the skins on, they're good for you. Cover with water.
2. Bring water to boil. Boil for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Chop your chives. Mince your garlic.
4. Drain potatoes. Begin therapeutic mashing.
5. Add all other ingredients.
6. Keep mashing.
7. Taste test and add additional sour cream, salt, pepper, and butter if needed.
8. Serve with just about anything.
Thank you for stopping by. Since you are here, please take half a second to click here and vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs. You can vote every time you stop by. All you have to do is click the juggling momma on the right side bar. Thanks, Friends!