12.20.2013

Kindess and Advent, Guest Blogging at Living on Love

I'm very happy to be guest blogging at Living on Love today.


We celebrate a light that shines in the darkness, a light that burns longer and brighter than reason can explain. I believe that light is kindness.

This December is my second year hosting a random acts of kindness challenge. I launched the challenge last year in my classroom. I distributed postcards to my high school students and encouraged them to engage in significant and unexpected acts of kindness. The results were profound. One of my students started an adopt-a-resident program at our neighboring nursing home. My students and I bought gifts for a local low-income family of five. And there were countless other smaller, sometimes anonymous acts of kindness: notes of friendship and appreciation, surprise cups of hot tea, random cleaned windshields…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...